Wednesday 14 August 2013

The Gift of Merit

When doing meditation, no matter how long or short the session is, you are generating merit or positive energy.
You can use this merit and dedicate it to anything or anyone, provided it's positive.
In my practise at the end of every meditation, I dedicate my positive energy to all the sentient beings and I will chose something personal to me too. In the past I have dedicated my merit to help improve my practise, help a sick friend or to have a question answered.
When you develop a strong mediation practise this will become something you do and become familiar with. I feel, the more sincere your dedication the more affect it will have.
If you do not feel that you generate merit through meditation, then its fine to just ignore this post and continue with your practise. However you could give it a go and see what happens, as there is no real harm in it, but if you feel strongly against it then it would not be advisable.

Thank you again for your time, I hope this helps you in any way it can.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment